What kind of recipe are you looking for?

Friday, January 4, 2008

Creamed Onions

Ingredients:

6 large onions, sliced
1 cup butter
2 teaspoons all purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
2 cups milk

What to do:

  • In a large skillet or Dutch oven, saute onions in butter until tender and golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
  • Add flour, salt and pepper to skillet; stir until smooth.
  • Gradually stir in milk until blended.
  • Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
  • Reduce heat to medium.
  • Return onions to pan; heat through

NOTE: I have not tried this recipe. Brannon brought it home one night and said he wanted to try it, I just haven't yet! I will try and make within the next week and let you guys know what he thinks (I don't care for onions, so I won't be trying)!

Recipe from Denise Bitner, Reedsville, Pennsylvania (I have no idea who this is or what cookbook this was in, but thought I'd give credit).

0 Comments: