What kind of recipe are you looking for?

Friday, January 4, 2008

Potato Soup

Since the deep south is finally getting some weather for eating hot soup, I thought I would share my favorite potato soup recipe. It is a big hit with my family!

4 cups cubed potatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 stick of butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 lb. Velveeta cheese (cut into small cubes)
2 cups milk
1 tsp garlic salt

In Dutch oven, saute onion in melted butter. Add potatoes. Barely cover with water. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Cook until potatoes are done. Stir in chicken soup and add cheese. Stir until cheese melts. Add milk and heat through. May be served hot or cold and can be made a day before serving.

OK, I never said that it was figure friendly. Perfect for a cold winter night as an indulgence!!

0 Comments: