What kind of recipe are you looking for?

Monday, January 7, 2008

Turkey Sloppy Joes

1 T canola oil
1 md onion, finely chopped
1 gr. bell pepper, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 t chili powder
1/2 t dried oregano
1/2 t dry mustard
1 lb gr skinless turkey breast
1 c prepared barbecue sauce
4 mulitgrain hamburger rolls

Heat a lg nonstick skillet over medium heat. Swirl in the oil, then add the onion, pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5. Stir in the chili powder, oregano, and mustard, let cool 1 minute.
Add the turkey and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the BBQ sauce and cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve on hamburger rolls.
1roll w-3/4c meat 7pts.

I find that that this makes a more than 4 servings. But the hubby and I think it is yummy and I like to serve w/sweet potato fries.

5 Comments:

LeAnne said...

Hi Melanie! This sounds really yummy and super healthy. I am going to try this one soon.

Beth said...

We are having these tonight! I hope my girls will eat them (I know Brooklyn will, but it is always a toss up with Bella)!
~Beth~

LeAnne said...

I made this for dinner tonight. It was a HUGE hit. I made some sweet potato wedges to go with and the family loved it!! Thanks for the recipe.

Beth said...

I made these as well last week and they were good. Bella, of course, wouldn't eat them, but Brooklyn did! I was bad and made french fries to go with them!

Melanie said...

I am glad you liked it. I love finding something like this recipe that I can substitute for an old standby that is just as yummy and healthier! Maybe I will post my mac&cheese recipe!